Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My daughters ex partner gets payed cash in hand and brings

Customer Question

My daughters ex partner gets payed cash in hand and brings home over £700 a week from 2 jobs one which is working for his mother running a pub and the other is a tree surgeon . My daughter has put in for child maintaince and came back saying he only needs to pay £7.00 a week . Is there more we can do
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. What evidence does she have thst he earns £700 per week?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When they were together that's what he came home with nothing on paper but also working as manager in one of his mums pubs now he shows us the wod of money he got on him. Has now said he and his new girlfriend are getting to new cars this week and he now got 2 bank accounts
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The Child Maintenance Service will calculate the statutory amount based on his disclosure of income and paperwork that he provides.

As she disputes his disclosed income she would need to apply for a variation and provide proof that he is earning above what he has declared.

She may also wish to consider reporting him to HMRC for investigation as if it is cash in hand it may be likely that he is not paying tax and they have the resources to investigate him - the Child Maintenance Service will be able to obtain the outcome of such an investigation and use it in the child maintenance calculation.

I hope this assists . If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.