75100385

We have cattle trestasing on our land and causing damage.

We have cattle trestasing on our land and causing damage. They accessed the land damaging our fence. The owner of the livestock now says that as he has a DEFRA movement restriction order of some kind the animals have to stay on our land. What is the law surrounding this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We own a small piece of land near Cardiff. One of our neighbours has very recently started keeping cattle in an adjacent field. These cattle, young bulls, have pushed over our fence, entered our field and caused a considerable amount of damage to fruit trees, willows and crops on our land. the individual concerned is very difficult to deal with and has tried to say that the cattle must stay on our land as DEFRA movement rules mean they cannot be moved. I would like to know the baasic legal position and what our rights are for removing the animals and for claiming compensation for the damage caused?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

But you want the cattle moved back to the other field?