Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have remained in my house since my divorce with Mr Pinson.

The Sky Account was only in his name which I have continually been paying for by direct debit which will of been helping his credit rating also as he had not cancelled his contract. I therefore, recently cancelled the direct debit and setup my own Sky account which Sky informed me would not affect me in anyway.
Mr Pinson has been in touch as he has had debt collectors contact him for an outstanding balance which Sky and the debt collectors have informed me it is his debt not mine as its his account.
He wants me to pay it or he will seek legal action, however, I have been paying his account at my address because he hadn't cancelled the account.
I just want to know where I legally stand with regards ***** ***** above before I respond to him, IE can I say I've been paying all these years for his account?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. How much is the debt for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;109
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. Legally as the account is in his sole name it is his responsibility and the debt collectors can only seek it from him, despite you having use of it.

Given that the amount is relatively small it would not be cost effective for him to pursue instructing a solicitor and legal action.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you