75100385

If a person has made an allegation particularly in relation

If a person has made an allegation particularly in relation to a sexual offence which has resulted in an arrest and subsequently NFA'd for no evidence before charge is there redress for the individual concerned against the complainant. This is of particular concern if the person who is a victim of such an allegation is a juvenile.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What loss, if any has been suffered please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The loss suffered is income for the family who have needed to support their son and the psychological impact which has been immense.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

OK - in reality the answer is no.

People make complaints all the time that either are not true or do not go anywhere. Look at the recent example of Cliff Richard.

Unless there is a finding that they were dishonest or the Police have prosecuted them for wasting Police time.

But people do make complaints, it happens all the time, but sadly you can't take action.

A further complication is that this person is a juvenile.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thats fine. I think there needs to be a change as the Victims code isolates those who are the 'victims' of these allegations. I understand and support the ideal but there needs to be redress when there is a clear case of no evidence or tactical allegations. There is also the issue of DBS searches as well which is and outrage when someone is completely innocent. End of rant. Have a good day.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Indeed I agree. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex