12826847

Jo, wondering if you could help me with some basic advice

Customer Question

Hi Jo, wondering if you could help me with some basic advice concerning copyright or trademark law? I have a business idea which would manufacture items missing from a toy range and selling them under my brand as compatible with the toy range in question. Would this be possible or would I be walking into a legal minefield concerning copyright or trademark infringement?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Are the missing items concerned new designs that you have created? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi AJ, i noticed a toy range is missing vehicles and figures and was wondering if there is anything legally stopping me producing those figures or vehicles. The items would be designed for me and manufactured for my company and I would want to sell them under my own brand as range compatible toys. The designs would be fair copies of the character vehicles and figures featured on TV. This is my first step to seeing if this would be a viable business before I commit time and money to it.