75100385

I hope i am in the right place, I'll give a quick overview

I hope i am in the right place, I'll give a quick overview of my predicament.
I went to look at cars at bristol street motors after test driving one and then looking at finance options I realised it was out my budget (even with the manager pressuring me to buy it!) I left and went to look on their webiste at other cars within my budget. I saw one but it was at another branch so i called and asked if i could test drive it at the branch i initially went to which they said was fine and that i just needed to go in and sign the delivery form. I did this and went through finance options and they said they could leave the finance check open before going ahead with anything (obviously i wanted to test drive and see the car before buying!). However after a few days i saw a cheaper car with a different company which would suit me better, i called the manager of the branch and explained my situation and he became very rude and arrogant towards me and i basically said ive not signed a finance agreement and i wish them to cancel their open check which he said he would do after a tense phone call. So my question to you is as they have my bank details and i have signed a delivery form will they be able to charge me for the car even though i have not driven it off their forecourt or seen it!? Many thanks in advance Charlotte

Hello Charlotte my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does the order say it can be cancelled please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive just had a look over and it is actually a santander consumer finance contract not a delivery form...are you able to call me on *********** if that is easier?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wait im confused at the top it does say vehicle order form

OK - the terms on the back, does it say it can be terminated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing on the back of the form i have. It seems like its a pre contract of somesort
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put my number in for you to call speak to you soon

OK - so if there are no terms and nothing on the document then YES you can cancel without penalty.

Any terms which you are bound MUST be on this document.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On this form it has the car make model etc, the price and how much finance it would be in total if i were to go ahead with the purchase. It says balance due from customer £250 which i have not paid. It states "This document contains the terms of a contract sign it if you wish to be legally bound by them. Nothing herin contained is intended to not will it affect a consumers statutory rights under the consumer contracts regulations 2013 consumer protection from unfair trading regulations 2008 or the consumer rights act 2015" any ideas what it means?

Yes, that means that you still have consumer rights.
Technically you can't cancel but unless the terms of the contract are included in that document, you cant be bound.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so just to confirm, as i dont have any terms to a contract then i am well within my rights to refuse the car which i have not even seen yet?

Correct. Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help alex!

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course i'll do it now, Charlotte

Thanks. Have a good one and dont forget to vote today! Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vote went in the post last week! :)

Same here!