propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Commercial lease issues I have now been without a lease

Commercial lease issues
I have now been without a lease for 4 years for my restaurnat. The realloctaion of a new term has been cought up in a devorse. They have been fighting over the property and have now agreed a way forward by putting the properties into trust for their children avaioding a fair amount of CGT.
Until the land registry has been updated and the trust in place is their any reason why they both cannon sign my lease and then at a later date put in for a deed of variation or simimilar. This woudl have to have no impact on their CGT situation. But seeing as thy both own the properties still i can see this being a problem.
The issue for me is that im stuck with financing problems as no bank will touch me without a lease. Its causing massive stress between my wife and i and on the business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

I will try to help you.

If I understood correctly you had a lease which expired. Do you know if that lease was protected, I.e you had security of tenure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thwe original lease ran out in 2012 and was out side of the landlord and tennant act
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The female side of the couple is with me as she gets no money until leases are signed but the other half is lets say a little slow. He is very scatty and does not seem to see the importance of securing the leases. We cannot put pressure on him as he is the type to just say get out! then we have lost everthing we have worked for for the last 13 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The new lease has all been agreed by both parties but the landlord wont sign it until the property is in his name only for some unbeknown reason.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im sorry but i seem to have missunderstood this process im awaiting responses by my computer. Do you intend having email conversation as i got work to do as well as this?