Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Is it safe to make my daughter a joint owner of my 123 bank

Customer Question

is it safe to make my daughter a joint owner of my 123 bank account with Santander? This is to cover house direct debits if I should die suddenly. She is executor and sole beneficiary of my will.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. If your daughter is a joint account holder then she will have equal access to the account as yourself and is free to withdraw any funds that are in there as well as go into overdraft. Upon either of your deaths, the account and any funds in the account will automatically transfer to the survivor.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.