75100385

I live opposite woodworking premises in a small domestic

I live opposite woodworking premises in a small domestic complex of 4 other properties. I accept any noise from this as it is light machinery and hand carving. They are open 8 until 5. 5 days a week. My problem is that 3 of the 8 members of staff play music so loud I can't have my windows open.
They also open a hanger type door or side door for fresh air when they are cutting wood and turn up the music so they can hear it above the band saw or machinery. This has gone on for months.
I have repeatedly asked the owner who lives at the far end of the complex away from the premises if she would ask them to turn it down but she said no she couldn't upset them.
I asked two of the staff to turn it down but they said they like it and they don't think it's loud. If I sit in my garden I can hear it all day. They even leave it on when they leave for lunch.
I don't think the owner has a licence to play music.
What can I do now?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you reported this to anyone yet, save for the owner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. You need to complain to the Council. This may be an offence under the Environmental Protection Act and as such they can investigate and prosecute.

As this is coming from a Commercial premises Environmental Health can investigate this matter for you.

That should resolve it.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because this is a shared space and the woodworking place is owned by the people who live at the entrance to the complex and we have a right of way over the entrance yard. We allow the staff to park on our side of the yard.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes I understand. But the noise is an issue and the Council can consider any complaint and prosecute.

Does that clarify? Alex