75100385

I have a ccj against me from January 2008, but the creditor

I have a ccj against me from January 2008, but the creditor has never answered my letters of offer of payment or when I have moved. Why is it that there is no time limit on them collecting the debt but I don't have the right to get the debt cancelled after all this time. I have paid my other creditors all this time. If this creditor can't be bothered about collecting their money why shouldn't I have some rights as well. thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much is the debt for please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;35,000
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - its a mixture of news. As they have CCJ then it does not become statue barred and can not be written off.
However if more than 6 years elapses then they need permission from the Court if they ever want to enforce the CCJ and would need to explain to the Court why they have such a delay.

In any event it comes OFF your credit file after 6 years from the date of CCJ, so in 2014.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex, Your answer has been helpful, at lest I now know that they will have to go to court again to get their money. many thanks george
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex