Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Alex just need to know how can I put a stop to the

Hi Alex just need to know how can I put a stop to the harassment by the collection agency I am staying with friends whilst I sort myself out and do not the family harassed over the overseas debt .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please lick my thread
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As it is in the UAE Can they get really an enforcement order as they say here in the UK ??
Expert:  Alex J. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question an welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. It is a criminal offence to harass someone for money under S.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970. I would try saying to the debt collectors (or have one of your relatives do it), if they do not stop coming to the property or sending letters or threats you will report them to the (i) police and (ii) trading standards. You will also hold them responsible for any costs incurred in defending a claim. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Alex they can they re enforce payment in the uk on behalf of UAE bank ??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry Did not get answer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Need to know please
Expert:  Alex J. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. Potentially yes they can. Do they have a court order against you? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No but they can to collect the debt here see your previous answers seem to contradict what you have said I want it clear can a payment enforcement order in the UAE be enforced here in the U.K. ???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If they do so in the near future ?? Is that enforceable here in the uk although the debt agreement is the UAE ???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If you loose your job , home and money and have no option but to leave , in the UAE you go to prison !!! That's it . So any court order then out there will be enforced by court here in the UK through the collection agency ?? Please make it clear is the UK signatory to the UAE ???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I am satisfied with the answer as it is not clear
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please ALex can you clarify as this is urgent I need clarification thank you ��
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this was sent to me that is why I need clarity please see attached as this contradicts with what you said so kindly clarify thank you
Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. I have received this response. There are two issues here (i) You are entitled not to be pursued for money so has to feel harass (ii) the creditor is potential entitled to enforce this debt in the UK but I would have to see the documentation. My colleague is correct, you cannot be sent to prison in the UK for the debt. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My question was can a debt from overseas is UAE be enforced in the uk court, this is what the debt collector in the uk is threatens me with. That is what I need clarified
Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. Potentially yes it can be, but the creditor would have to exhaust all remedies in the UAE first. The fact remains that the debt collector is probably threatening you because they at this stage court proceedings will not be successful.

Alex J., Solicitor
Experience: Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see , I have no job no home or assets to be able to pay anything i am staying with friends and trying to sort my life out . It really do not need to be harassed this way .