75100385

Company orders authority

Company orders authority
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sure. My question relates to a company order: in short, my company secured a substantial order from an organisation following approximately 2-3 weeks of tendering. The order is now in my stock and ready for completion and I think the organisation are going to try and cancel. My order form is comprehensive and states cancellation terms etc but they are claiming the manager who signed the order (who had done all the negotiating) was not authorised to place the order. Where do I stand legally? Thank you, Jon
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Legally Jon it's not your problem. You have a company order. Whether the person was not authorised is not your problem.

You have a valid order and therefore a contract.

If they try and cancel you can be invocie for the full amount.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex. So, should they take the stance of their manager not being authorised to place the order, I can affectively say that isn't my issue and insist they either complete the order as agreed or pay the stated cancellation charges? Many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

correct, it's not your problem.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex