Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My boyfriend and I have split up but he is still living at

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I have split up but he is still living at my property and using my car. If I stop him using my car and change the locks, he has threatened to email all my company clients to give them a negative view of me. I would view this as damaging.
Short of an injunction, is there any legal intervention that can make him think twice about following through with his threats?
Diana
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Your first option would be to send him a warning letter setting out what action you will take if he does not meet your requests. If the property and car is in your name and in the absence of any formal agreements, he is not entitled to your property. If he does not cease his threats you can seek a non-molestation order against him using form FL401 to your local family court.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.