My son has just exchanged contracts on s first home. This

Customer Question

My son has just exchanged contracts on his first home. This was a new build property and 2 month's prior the agent at the site informed my son that they would sell him the furniture in the property and that the price would be between £2,000 and £5,000. This was the show house and was furnished throughout. He was told that the ad office had to decide the actual amount. My son contacted the agent on numerous occasions to be told that it was being dealt with. After exchange he was told that they would not now sell the items and that the sales director who had agreed the sale had now left the company. What is his legal position?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There was nothing in writing but there is an excellent mail from the agent stating she was chasing her boss up for the sale price
Expert:  Ash replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear this was all verbal? Did anyone else witness the conversation?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Both myself and Gary mother witnessed this on 2 separate occasions
Expert:  Ash replied 4 months ago.

It's legally binding. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the cost of furniture within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He hasn't paid anything for the furniture. He wants them to stick to the qgreement to sell the furniture t him
Expert:  Ash replied 4 months ago.

Yes I understand that. He would need to claim for that cost of furniture or seek a court order making them sell it.

Does that clarify? Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 3 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: