13262538

Iam worried because I am been living more than 20 years on

Customer Question

Hello, Iam worried because I am Portuguese I am been living more than 20 years on this country my daughter born here she got British passport my son born here is well he is 22 years old but does not have British passport Iam a single mother Iam not working because my daughter is autistic. Do you think they can put us out of the uk now wit EU out
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: The Uk is out now what happen to EU people?
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

The simple answer is - it is too early to tell.

However the realistic position is that nothing at all will happen in the next 18 months - and the odds are that if we wish to have a trade agreement then like Norway we will have to accept the free movement of people.

In the last resort you can apply for Leave to Remain in the Uk based on the length of time you have already lived here

please ask if you need further details