75100385

We need to approach paypal legally to find out the name of a

Customer Question

we need to approach paypal legally to find out the name of a customer's bank who has refunded a client's purchase after they have already filed an unjust claim with them and we need to contest this with the bank
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you asked PayPal direct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,We have but they will not disclose this information to us under the information protection act. The customer bought shoes from us and then had their bank (USA) claim the money back and paypal said they had to accept it. They will not tell us which bank it is to dispute this without legal intervention.Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you not have the customers address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Luis Godinez
420 Pleasant Meadows Ln
75217
Dallas
Texax
USA
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Why do you need the bank details?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,We need to know the name and location of the bank/person who approved the reversal of funds to dispute it with them. Paypal were obliged to reverse the funds on the order of this bank but will not tell us who they are. We need this information to get in contact with them and plead our case.Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

The only way of getting this is with a Court order.

You would need to complete forms N244:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n244-eng.pdf

The Court would list the matter and decide whether to make Paypal give you the details.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The person we spoke to just said we would need to have a solicitor contact them and request it, not have a court order filed?Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You could get a solicitor to ask, but generally they need a court order. I can not ask for you as this is a question and answer site.

Does that clarify? Alex