Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am selling a catering trailer to someone, what I want to

Customer Question

I am selling a catering trailer to someone, what I want to know is how can I cover myself of any come backs,after and I want it to be sold as seen
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. When you sell the trailer make sure you provide the buyer with a disclaimer before the sale is completed. Something like the trailer is sold "At the buyer's risk (Caveat Emptor). The seller makes no guarantee, representation or warranty as to the condition, fitness or state of the trailer. The buyer acknowledges that he has been given an opportunity to inspect the trailer prior to completing the purchase and has satisfied himself as to the condition of the same. All sales of the trailer are final and the sale of the trailer is completed on the site of the trailer. Upon completion of the sale the buyer shall not be entitled to return the trailer or seek a refund from the seller. Nothing here excludes the seller's liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any death or personal injury arising from negligence."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing here excludes the seller liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any death or personal injury arising from negligence , does that mean that I'm not responsible if something goes wrong after they have bought the trailer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does the last paragraph mean.nothing here excludes the sellers liability etc.