12826847

I recently moved out of my boyfriends flat. He had bad

Customer Question

I recently moved out of my boyfriends flat. He had bad credit so we purchased furniture and a car but all of the credit is in my name. He has the furniture in his flat and has the car. Where do I stand if I want to get the goods back? Can I take the goods without his permission?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Has he been paying for it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the money has been coming out of my account
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but is he making you payments?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he has not made any payments
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Will he accept that ?

Or is he likely to dispute it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my dad was going to pick the stuff up on sunday but he wants more time to think but if I am paying for everything do i not own them
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is not a good idea.

He should not expose himself to risk at all.

Will your former partner accept this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have offered him the goods if he takes over the payments but he cant afford it so I said I would take the goods and store them somewhere until I gat my own place. I am staying with my parents at the moment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I need to go now can you email me any advice please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

OK but what I need to know is will your former partner accept that he has never made payments?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I went down to see him last night and he now wants to sell the stuff, take half of the money but leave me with the debt. He thinks this is a good idea!! I put my parents address as my residence so I cant not pay the debt, I dont want them to be black listed. Not sure what to do now?
The only payment he made was to the TV of £400 but the rest I have made and the money comes out of my account not a joint account
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You are liable for the debt.

But you are entitled to the product.

If the facts are as you say there is no claim at all that he has for this TV. It is as simple as that. I don't know whether he is disputing that the facts are as you say. That would make sense from his reaction hitherto. Then it would turn into a dispute over facts.

If you have been paying for it though and it is otherwise in your name then I would imagine you would succeed.