75100385

Question about EU enforcement of English judgments: Now

Question about EU enforcement of English judgments:Now England has voted out of the EU, will it still be possible to apply to EU countries using an EEO?thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola,I can't see in 'Account' what any subscription is, but think it's subscription - can you let me know what my subscription fees are? Without any replies within a few days, I am not sure about getting a refund
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,Yes, if you can help - please note I have another question which is more relevant/important about the English judgment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to close this question now and just ask the other one
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure, ask it here if you wish

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanksQuestion about applying for a European Enforcement Order CertificateI have an English judgment which I would like to apply to enforce in a european country. I am not sure which form I need, if it is N219A (defendant didn't attend any hearings).The judgement has been served but debt isunpaid, and I want to try to enforce the judgement in an eu country.On this form it says it is an application for an EEO certificate, but says the EEO certificate should be attached so am unsure about that.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have stamped copies of the judgment (and it was served)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You complete this form

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n219a-eng.pdf

It's n219a

You don't need to attach the certificate because that is what you are applying for.

This simply means you have completed the form, nothing else.

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - is this the right form when the defendant didn't turn up for any hearings?
Sorry, just to clarifyl, do you know why it says have you attached the EEO certificate if that is what I'm applying for? It really confused me.
Also, do you know if there is a charge for submitting this form, and should I submit it to the court which issued it?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

That's correct. This is the default form. As for cost I would speak to the court but suspect it will be £100

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** just send it to the court which issued it? and is there any time limit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, also is there any way to recoup the added court costs of serving, getting and enforcing the EEO
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes just send it to the court which issued it. The court should order the costs of the application are added to the judgment debt.

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks! sorry, another one....what will the EEO look like and will it then have a statement of the debt and costs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you also happen to know if I have to get the EEO translated to send to Germany? And where I should send it in Germany? (I am also asking a separate question under German law, but just in case I need to first do things on English side)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

That I don't know as that is for the foreign jurisdiction but I don't think so. Does that clarify? Alex

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you alex, very helpful. I will now fill out the form today, and hope to have the EEO cert soon.