Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I was born in Spain but have lived in the UK years. I have

I was born in Spain but have lived in the UK for 57 years. I have Spanish Nationality and I am married to a British Citizen.
How complicated would or be for me to obtain British citizenship?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I need to do an English test and a Life in UK test even though I went to school in the UK and I am now 60 years old?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Under UK nationality law, you can obtain a British passport after five years living with your UK spouse in the UK. So you are perfectly entitled to apply today for British citizenship. So, it is accordingly, not complicated for you to obtain British citizenship. You already have fulfilled the requirements. However, even though you will apply directly for citizenship, you will need to undergo a Life in the UK test. I regret to say this requirement is necessary for all application obtaining citizenship by marriage. Here is a link to the UK Government website which sets out the requirements for you to undergo https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/if-your-spouse-is-a-british-citizen. You will also find information and how to apply and the form for your application here as well.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.