75100385

Few days ago i found and bought from ebay some medical

dear sir or madam,
few days ago i found and bought from ebay some medical equipment i needed. as the seller had more stuff i've ordered this to. seller agreed to be paid via bank transfer after delivery. but unpacking all this some invoices were found inside the boxes. so realized that this things could be stolen. i have paid already around 2000 to the seller. have to pay another around 2500 and i'm afraid that all this equipment was just stolen from someone. could you advice me please if its possible to check somehow. also if there is any my responsibility on all this event. also if its stolen and i presume that i will have to return this items back to the legal owner, will i loose my money?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have the sellers name and address please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think yes. and buyers also
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry...do you mean the seller's from ebay?
he is from abroad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a strange Malaysian or Singaporean phone number that i'm calling via whats up application to chat with the seller
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the beginning of all this deal i have urged the seller that if this items are stolen then i'm not going to buy anything. he said that they are not. but actually looking on them now (have received just an hour ago) i think that most likely its stolen equipment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2 questions mainly:
-How it could be checked?
-If stolen, what should I do next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you here, alex?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hellooo....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anything else? are you here alex?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You can't check as such to see if it's stolen save for speaking with the Police to see if they have the serial numbers as stolen.

If it is stolen then you don't have title. Only the true owner would have title and they would be entitled to have the property back..

Then you would need to sue the seller direct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no way somehow privately to check if there is any report in the real buyer/seller area? i guess calling the police i will need to disclose my name, trigger investigation and so on....but i'm afraid as the ebay seller knows my home address and everything...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sadly not. All you can do is speak with the police.

There is nothing beyond this you can do.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and it's certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything else,for you? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if finally i hold this stuff for me but later finally the police will find the thieves (if its stolen??? i really don't know) do i have any responsibility on that purchase? on that i haven't investigated or anything like that?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No, it wouldnt be your fault unless you knew or suspected.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. thank you for your time. nick