Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My son lost a court case over custody of s daughter even

My son lost a court case over custody of his daughter even when cafcass recomended he should have custody of her. He subsequent suffered from depression and had a break down. It has taking him over 2 years to be in a place to start contact. There is court order in place and the mother is playing hard to get. He is doing everything possible to make right his absence. What is his rights as I believe the court order still stands.
Than you
Mr Ian Grubb
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. If the court order has not been varied then it will still stand and she must abide by the order. He should write to her to propose commencement of the contact arrangements and if she refuses he should pursue an application to court to enforce the order using form C79 and a £155 court fee to her local family court .
I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer. The mother thinks the court order is now not applicable due my sons absence. Your answer has clarified this for me.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris. In the meantime if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.