Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a residential property and buy to let, i want to

hi, i have a residential property and buy to let, i want to change the residential to buy to let, can i get another residential as first time buyer
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. The vast majority of first time buyer mortgages are specifically for buyers who have never owned a home, however some do allow for buyers who no longer own a property. However, as you will still have a property it is unlikely you will qualify for any first time buyer mortgages.

In any event, this should not preclude you from obtaining a favourable mortgage especially if you instruct a mortgage broker who can source a mortgage from the whole market.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you