75100385

1. I am investigating opening an escort directory: a webpage

1. I am investigating opening an escort directory: a webpage that advertises escorts in UK/London. Is it legal?
2. Is operating an escort company legal in UK?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will hell you with this.

Will you have any age filter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the escorts; of course.
For the webpage, I can have a box that checks whether the visitor is above 18. Further, I can register the site in above-18 sites to ensure that it passes through the porn filters.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then it's legal. As long as you make sure they are advertising just time only and not sex.

It is legal to pay for time spent with each other. You can't sell direct sex.

So yes it's legal and yes it's ok to operate an escort company, subject to what I have said.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34;It is legal to pay for time spent with each other. You can't sell direct sex."Even if sex is obviously implied?Can you please provide some links to the corresponding laws?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

There are many websites that advertise escorts. But to be clear they only ever advertise time.

Offences in the uk are prohibitive, which means if a law doesn't prevent you from doing it, then you can. So it won't be written down.

But also see the advice here

http://www.uknationalescortsassociation.co.uk/articles/how_to_avoid_legal_hassle_as_an_escort_agency_150.html

Can I clarify anything? Alex