12826847

I booked a holiday in September 2015 to hotel Port Benidorm.

Customer Question

I booked a holiday in September 2015 to hotel Port Benidorm. I knew that work was going ahead until May 2016. In March I was contacted by Jet 2 stateing that the hotel wouldn't be open on the 6th June which is when I booked for, due to the work going ahead. I had to change my date in order to keep this hotel, which I specifically wanted.Jet2 charged me £58 for the later flight. On the 25 th June I notice an email dated 24th stating to urgently ring Jet2 which I did. I was told that the hotel was still CLOSED and I would have to change hotel or get a refund, I told them I was very upset blah blah blah, and they said all of Benidorm was full and the only hotel I could have was Melia. I really didn't want this hotel , but they said if I wanted to go Monday it was my only option. I ended up very reluctantly accepting the other hotel and £40 compensation each for my husband and I. Anyway I went on my Facebook account last night and lo and behold some of my fb friends was IN the port Benidorm that opened it's doors for business yesterday. I have been blatantly lied to and I am furious, I am waiting for 9 o clock then I am ringing Jet2 insisting I get the holiday that I paid for. Please can you let me know if I have any grounds to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't realise it was going to cost me 56 pounds a month. Can you return the money you have just taken back to my card please
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

You can subscribe or pay per question. I think you are on pay per question.

What is it you want to know about your question please?