How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10527
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am married with the British man in 2005. And I would like

Resolved Question:

I am married with the British man in 2005. And I would like to be come British citizen .How can I get the British passport?Thanks
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I was born in 1956 in Romania . My father was Romanian man and my mother woman .I have met my husband in Romania in 2004 and in 2005 I have married with him. I would like to become British citizen .Many thanks
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. You can apply for UK citizenship after five years of marriage to a UK citizen during which you were residing in the UK. So, you are eligible to apply for citizenship. HOwever, it is a requirement of citizenship that you are able to show that you were living visa free in the UK for one year before your application. It is for this reason you need to have a Permanent Residence card for one year before you make your application. So, you will have to apply for a Permanent Residence card and hold it for a year before you will be able to successfully apply for a UK passport and citizenship. Here is a link to the UK Government website which explains how and why you get a Permanent Residence card

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Here is a link which explains the process of applying for UK citizenship where you are married to a UK citizen You see you will also have to pass a Life in the UK test as well as paying an application fee.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Buachaill and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions