75100385

Alex, pls do u think it is advisable to approach the

Hello Alex, pls do u think it is advisable to approach the prosecutor together with my solicitor to drop the charges against me? And if yes , what would be the outcome and what would be written on my DBS? and also, is that a conviction? thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for asking for me.

I can't see what your original question was, could you remind me please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charged with fraud and theft. I accepted theft but didn't accept fraud. its my first time offence, no previous conviction. Do u think my solicitor and I should approach the prosecutor together to drop the charges? thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it won't do any harm. They may even offer you a caution for the theft.

If you are convicted of anything it will show on your DBS but may be filtered off at a later date.

There is also a box on enchanced checks for any other police information - they could put here the fact you have been charged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex, so does it means that if the charge is dropped, it would still reflect on my DBS? also, on what note do u think the prosecutor could agree to drop the charges? and how fast do u think we should approach the prosecutor because the court date is 27th of July. thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Possibly if its enchanced. You need to approach asap.mthe prosecutor won't drop on the basis it's your first offence, but you may have an alternative disposal such as a catuion.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does, thanks so much. lastly, what are the things you think I should prepare along with my solicitor to take to the prosecutor to agree to accept a caution?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing you need to prepare, you just need to ask your solicitor to make representations.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, thanks for the advice and your time Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex