Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
1. The first thing you need to do here is to get a Permanent Residency card. You will need to have this for one year and then you can apply for UK citizenship. This will then solve all visa problems. Here is a link to where you can apply for a Permanent Residency on the UK Government website https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/permanent-residence-card.
2. For a Polish person married to a UK citizen, the rules are that you acquire citizenship after five years being married to the UK citizen being married and residing in the UK. HOwever, as part of your application, you need to show that you were visa free for a year before making your application. It is for this reason that you need either a Permanent Residence card or certificate. Then you can apply for citizenship. There is no need to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain if you are polish. You can go straight to citizenship.
s . Please Rate the answer as unless you rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
6. It doesn't say you have to prove you worked for five years. You can apply simply on the basis of marriage. The piece in the piece I have sent to you which mentions working does not apply to you. This is the path to citizenship which ensures you don't have to worry about getting deported. Get yourself a Permanent Residence card and then apply for citizenship after one year. Be aware that you should have private health insurance cover if you are not working.
7. No, life cover is not health insurance. You need actual health insurance. Get health insurance.
8. You are worrying unnecessarily. There are millions in your position and they won't start deporting people. Some solution will be worked out whereby all these people, like yourself, will be offered a path towards citizenship. For you that is the way forward. It avoids any issues in the future. So start on the process today.
9. No, you can apply for a Permanent Residence card without health insurance. but you will need it for citizenship.
10. Dear Marlena, please rate the answer.
11. Of course, getting a solicitor will help. However, you need to ensure the solicitor is experienced in immigration matters.
12. Dear Marlena, if you read my earlier answers, I made clear that you have to apply for permanent residence card and hold it for one year before you can make an application for citizenship. YOu cannot apply for citizenship today after four years of marriage.
13. since 2006, Polish citizens no longer need to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. You simply apply for a Permanent Residence card. That is permanent residence for you.
14. You are welcome.