Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I was recently involved in an RTC. My boyfriend was the

Hi. I was recently involved in an RTC. My boyfriend was the driver and registered keeper/owner of the vehicle. I have only just found out that the vehicle doesn't have an MOT or insurance. I am going to report it to the police. I'm currently a law student in my first year at university and I was wondering, if I report it, do I have any sort of responsibility as I knew he didn't have any MOT or insurance? Thanks
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear Natalie, you would only have a potential liability if you were driving the car which was uninsured and without an MOT. As you were a passenger and your boyfriend was the driver, it is he who bears responsibility for there being no insurance or MOT. The law does not place a liability on passengers where a car is being driven without insurance or an MOT. So, you have nothing to fear here.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much.