29905560

I was working as a Speech and language therapist NHS trust

I was working as a Speech and language therapist for a NHS trust for 18 yrs. I developed MS in 2007 and was subjected to a competency hearing in 2014 after my electronic records were scrutinized. I was found to not have put enough detail in my notes. I was demoted to a newly qualified grade with immediate effect, removed from my team and stripped of my specialist in Autism. I took early retirement in July 2015 as to remain on such a low grade would have affected my pension. The HCPC (health care professional council) found in April 2016 that this could have been managed informally in supervision. They also stated that the investigating officer was not qualified to do so and was biased in her investigation.
I have missed the deadlines to go to an employment tribunal and wondered if I could take civil action on the grounds of discrimination. I was not incompetent and should have been treated in the same way as others without a health condition ie, difficulties addressed in supervision rather than the draconian process of a competency hearing
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Unfortunately the deadline for discrimination in the county court is 6 months so whilst slightly longer than the tribunal one, it does still make you out of time to claim. These would have been your only two options to pursue discrimination but as it happens you have sadly missed them both now.

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.