29905560

I have had to resign at work because of a bullying incident

i have had to resign at work because of a bullying incident i tried acas early concilliation but the company will not enter into it how can i proceed to a tribunal because solicitor said it could cost upto £8000 to proceed i do not have these funds
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. How long did you work there for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ten years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call after 11
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If you were to pursue a tribunal claim against the employer then you will be personally responsible for the tribunal and legal fees. There is no legal aid available in the tribunal unfortunately. You can get a fee remission in relation to the claim fees, depending on your income, but that is of course not guaranteed. I suspect the £8k you have been quoted is for the legal fees of using a solicitor to assist you in the process but you do not actually require that formally – it is entirely possible for you to pursue the claim yourself without any legal assistance, plenty of claimants do so.

What is available to you is basic free advice, such as Citizens Advice Bureau and any online help such as advice sites or even or site. At the same time you could consider shopping around fr a solicitor who may be able to take your case on a n o win no fee basis, although in employment cases these are rather rare. You can also check any insurance policies, such as home or car insurance, which may have legal protection and that can also help sometimes. Finally, you could approach the Free Representation Unit who may provide free representation although you need to be referred to them by places such as the CAB and it is difficult to get accepted.

I can discuss your position on the phone as well as requested but am in meetings until after 12 so will call then. Thanks