chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I Have been living abroad years. Last year I came back to UK

I Have been living abroad for many years. Last year I came back to UK while my husband was ill and I stayed from June until September. Since then I have been travelling back and forth to Bahrain. I came back to UK on 26 May with a view to settle here permanently as I need surgery I have seen a surgeon and had some scans. I have been staying with my son and will move into my own home on 3rd july. Today I received a letter from NHS saying their records indicate I may need to pay for treatment as a visitor to UK who is. Ot ordinarily resident. They want evidence such as passport and copy of council tax.
I thought when I returned to UK I became a resident again although I have not informed anyone I have returned. I do not now u deist and my status
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

What nationality are you?

What permission do you have to be in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a British citizen

How long have you lived in Bahrain?

Have you kept up national insurance payments?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am British and have returned to the UK one month ago. I need NHS treatment but have been sent a letter saying I have to provide evidence to avoid payment. My passport shows I have residency in Bahrian until 2017 although I am now residing in the UK but I am worried the overseas visitors coordinator I have to see will see that as I am not a UK resident. I have a property here and gave my tenants two months notice and I will move in on 3 rd July.

Have you registered with a GP surgery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been registered with GPs all my life in the UK

You would need to prove that you have been resident in the UK and have been making national insurance contributions. If you have been abroad for a period of time, this may mean you have to top up national insurance payments but you would not have to pay for treatment.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been in and out of the UK for the last year and came back permanently on 26 May. I own a property here which had been rented out but I moved in yesterday after serving the tenants the legal two month notice. I have a council tax bill.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dated from today.

You will have to provide a copy of your tenancy agreement and passport to the NHS department providing the treatment. It may transpire that you may have to top up national insurance contributions.

kind regards