Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I pay my rent 15th of each month, 5 months on am deciding to

I pay my rent 15th of each month, 5 months on am deciding to move on the 9th, since I payed month in advance, should I have to pay another months rent if I move out before the 15th?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Is there an early break clause in your tenancy agreement or have you mutually agreed with your landlord to leave early?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there's an early break cause
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there's an early break clause
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming, what is the exact wording of the early break clause and when did you give notice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am not having an issue with my landlord, my sister is claiming who I live with that I have to pay another months rent before I go, but if I pay my rent in advance an leave before the 15th , I should not have to pay should I?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. If you are leaving before the next rent date is due, then you should not be liable for the rent payment for the next month.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.