Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My daughter is being harrased by her separated husband and

My daughter is being harrased by her separated husband and he is now threatening to break into the shared home. What would you suggest she do to protect erself.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Firstly, as she is at risk due to his threats she should call the police. Thereafter, she can seek a non-molestation order (which is an injunction) to prevent him contacting or coming to the property - this can be done using form FL401 to her local family court and the court will assess whether there are grounds to make an order which will effectively exclude him from the property.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.