Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We want to put an offer in on a house but we 't have

we want to put an offer in on a house but we don't have conformation from our mortgage broker that we have finance in place. we are 100% sure we will get the mortgage but can't prove it at this stage. Can we put an offer in on the house so we don't loose it to another buyer? If we can, how much time do we have to prove our finance?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, you can put in an offer for the property and it is usual practice for the estate agents to either request your agreement in principle or refer you to their internal department to carry out a quick capacity check. Either way, the estate agent can take your offer and must pass it to the vendor - it is for the vendor to decide whether to accept your offer or not.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.