How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70510
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

This question is to Jo C. Barrister We spoke 2 years ago

Resolved Question:

this question is to Jo C. Barrister
We spoke 2 years ago about smuggled drugs and tobacco on 2 of my trucks and the letter I wrote. I have tried to continue our conversation so you can review all the information. have a new question which relates to all that happened ! the driver who got six months. Turns out he pleaded guilty on advise that he would get a suspended sentence ! I now would like to know if I could travel to England for a family wedding later this year. How would I find out if there is a warrant out for my arrest on arrival at immigration/passport control
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It would not be immigration that would have a warrant. It would be the police.

there is only really one way to find that out though and that is to call the police station in advance that you think may have a warrant and ask.

They may not tell you over the phone. They will usually tell a firm of solicitors that they know. If you have any links with a firm of solicitors you could get them to do that for you.

Or you could put in a SAR but that is slow and doesn't always work.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have links with any solicitors, would it be the Pole/ Bournemouth Police as the driver was convicted at Bournemouth crown court

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Then your only option is to try yourself.

Just explain to them that you will negotiate an appointment to surrender voluntarily if there is a warrant. Obviously only if you intend to surrender.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you