12826847

This question is to Jo C. Barrister We spoke 2 years ago

this question is to Jo C. Barrister
We spoke 2 years ago about smuggled drugs and tobacco on 2 of my trucks and the letter I wrote. I have tried to continue our conversation so you can review all the information. have a new question which relates to all that happened ! the driver who got six months. Turns out he pleaded guilty on advise that he would get a suspended sentence ! I now would like to know if I could travel to England for a family wedding later this year. How would I find out if there is a warrant out for my arrest on arrival at immigration/passport control
Dave
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It would not be immigration that would have a warrant. It would be the police.

there is only really one way to find that out though and that is to call the police station in advance that you think may have a warrant and ask.

They may not tell you over the phone. They will usually tell a firm of solicitors that they know. If you have any links with a firm of solicitors you could get them to do that for you.

Or you could put in a SAR but that is slow and doesn't always work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have links with any solicitors, would it be the Pole/ Bournemouth Police as the driver was convicted at Bournemouth crown court

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Then your only option is to try yourself.

Just explain to them that you will negotiate an appointment to surrender voluntarily if there is a warrant. Obviously only if you intend to surrender.