31090051

My close friend found out on Friday that she has a court

My close friend found out on Friday that she has a court date on 22nd July. She is accused of fraud in a case brought up by NHS fraud. She met her solicitor today who said they wouldn't need to see her until the court day. Is this usual ?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

If this is just a first appearance in court and as she met her solicitor today, there would be no need to see her again until the court date. The preparation for trial would be done after this date.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I correct in thinking that on the first court appearance on 22nd July it's possible that an adjournment will be called and a subsequent future trial date will be set ?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it sounds as if the hearing on 22 July is not a trial diet and that a trial diet will be fixed on 22 July. To be sure she should clarify the position with her own solicitor.