13262538

Hallo. I have a problem that happened two years ago. Is it

Customer Question

Hallo. I have a problem that happened two years ago. Is it still possible to have legal action. The problem is to do with a school that made a referral to social services for bruises that our daughter had through learning how to ride a bike and a bruise that she got on their trim trail and infact she showed the headmaster where it happened in my presence but was dismissed. I understand this is a difficult area to deal with because anyone can make a referral to the social services. What was inexcusable and I feel we need advice is Why they had our daughter in the classroom while they were explaining this to the dad, this has really affected her immensely, why they put my husband under pressure to sign the document before reading it because this meeting was arranged in the morning 830am before the class started 840am he had no chance at all to read what he was signing, Also they made comments about my self that the reasons they made assumptions about me especially on the point for my ability to speak English was because I never spoke a word of hallo or nod. I think this comment which the headteacher wrote was sarcastic, untrue, exaggerated and just a way of blemishing me to support their comments. I would appreciate any advice because its 2yrs now and would like some apology, especially after all the stress we have suffered as a family. Please help me. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I met with head of education 3weeks ago after my local councillor referred my case to him because he felt that we as a family were treated unfairly and apology was needed.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

What document did they make your husband sign?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you sooooo much for taking an interest in this matter. Its one of those things that really affect your life immensely. My husband was made to sign the referral form that the schools have. He cant tell you up to today what the form contained he was just shown where to sign in the last minute as the meeting had to be terminated because the children had to start the lesson. it was totally unacceptable and anyone should think so to have a child in the room discuss such a serious issue and only allow 10minutes for a meeting of such nature. Then to go on further and judge me was poor practice. I hope this information helps and once again thank you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have never ever in our lives had any dealings with the authorities and to be put under so much pressure with no understanding of how the system works on reflection was not professional at all. I don't believe they acted in the best interest of our daughter who was made to listen to such sensitive discussion, hearing the dad getting emotional and upset. my daughter has been badly affected and all the time when she sees myself or my husband talk to a teacher in her new school she gets uncomfortable and she makes comments like 'are you okay' 'I don't want you upset again' 'I just don't like you being told off'. This has clearly left a stained mark in my daughters thoughts. I hope and pray for a good outcome on this matter before it becomes stale. Thank you again and again.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

My apologies for the delay

I can understand how distressing this has been to you

Just for clarity - once Social Services did become involved they were satisfied very quickly that all was well?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The social services were completely satisfied and the letter they wrote of their finding was such an emotional letter it made me cry after all the judgemental attitude I suffered in a Christian school where I thought I would find solace being a Christian. The other ruthless thing they did was they had written a school report for our daughter commenting on how she is a happy girl and they have no concerns about her and then to be stabbed at the back was sooooo hurtful, because they never asked previously how our daughter got the bruises and it was a shock in our system to be just told that they are referring the matter on the day my husband went for the meeting with my daughter being present. Don't apologise for delay, that is fine. I am just seeking some closure on this matter plus a well deserved apology. Again thank ever so much for looking into this very distressing matter. I do appreciate.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Since that time have you been able to establish a relationship with the school at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hallo Clare, sorry for late reply, it was my daughters b.day over the weekend. To answer your question......It was sooo stressful afterwards and our confidence was hit sooooo hard due to the whole scenario and relationship with the school was never established, because soon after we transferred our daughter to another school because she was denied a snack and this had happened several times. This has been a horrifying,soul destroying experience and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

Have you been able to get more involved with her new school yourself?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Apologies for late reply. The new school is a whole new different world from what we were in previously. In every thing they are A*.......I couldn't be happier. Infact when we went to see the school and we spoke to the head mistress she could see the pain we suffered and she said to us 'bring your daughter to school tommorow' and we never hesitated. Within 2days we had transferred her, that's how fed up we were. Thank you again clare, I appreciate your interest in this matter.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 months ago.

I am very glad that you have found a better school.

Sadly there is nothing you can do about the actions of the last school that you have not already done.

You have highlighted the appalling way they approached this matter and made the Local Authority aware of it.

Sadly there is nothing further you can do as they can hide behind the argument that they are required to report any concerns they have however minor.

"Safeguarding issues" sadly give schools an immediate excuse for their bad behaviour

Sorry not to give you better news - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I understand this is a difficult area to deal with because anyone can make a referral to the social services. What was inexcusable and I feel we need advice is Why they had our daughter in the classroom while they were explaining this to the dad, this has really affected her immensely, why they put my husband under pressure to sign the document before reading it because this meeting was arranged in the morning 830am before the class started 840am he had no chance at all to read what he was signing, Also they made comments about my self that the reasons they made assumptions about me especially on the point for my ability to speak English was because I never spoke a word of hallo or nod. I think this comment which the headteacher wrote was sarcastic, untrue, exaggerated and just a way of blemishing me to support their comments.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I speak fluent English, infact its my first language. I felt insulted by a Headteacher to say all I did was say Hallo or a nod. I need an apology because I had contact with the school. My daughter deserves an apology for being traumatised by their discussion and my husband deserves an apology too for being given paper work to sign without reading. If he fails to apologise is this something I can petition because we feel really hurt and the wound is still there. Thanks again for your responses I do appreciate.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All this things he said were in written form so he cant turn around and say my daughter wasn't in the room, or he didn't say all I did was nod or my husband wasn't there for 10minutes.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hallo clare,
I haven't heard from you for a while now. You never answered my question because what you answered I already knew about it and I had clearly indicated that in my question. My question was regarding the other areas of what happened like signing of paper work without reading, you asked me about it but you never even came back to me on this issue plus other things like the judgemental comments and my daughter being put in very stressful environment while discussing this matter. I am not satisfied with your response you answered what I knew and not what I didn't know. I also found your questions towards my questions irrelevant. Sorry but I have to be honest......that's why I haven't rated you because I am totally unsatisfied. I have to be honest. Thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry that you are disappointed with my response

I agree that the school acted badly by speaking in front of your daughter and be getting your husband to sign something he did not have time to read.

It was very bad practice

I also agree that the comment about you was rude BUT a mother who does not engage CAN be a sign of a problem at home. However it is only one of numerous factors that a school should consider - and it was incorrect to report it as they did (not least because it was not true)

So I agree it was done badly and the school should have apologised.

However you have exhausted all the complaints options and there is nowhere else you can go - you have protected your child by moving schools and you have alerted the Local authority and the Governors of the behaviour of the school and that I am afraid is all that you can do