75100385

A natural spring has occurred in my garden causing large

A natural spring has occurred in my garden causing large scale flooding to the end of my garden and into my neighbours garden too.There has been large scale redevelopement of farm land opposite my property but most of the closest was 20 years ago.Do the local council have any responsibity? STEVE
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Not really .The water board have tested it and said it is natural and my council have checked the nearest ditches but are not showing much interest. And that's about all I can answer.
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My original question covers my query
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Have you had a survey report done at all please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet ,just the water board and council visits. It looks like a survey is the next step but I was trying to find if there is any council responsibility before I continue down what I imagine will become an expensive road
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No. Its not their responsibility unless they caused the leak.

That is why you need a survey, it may be that it is just a natural event, if so your insurance should cover the cost.

If it was caused by the development then the company responsible for those houses will be responsible..

But the survey is what is needed to establish the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That seems to be the answer I was expecting except I didn't realise that the insurer might be liable as my policy appeared to be buildings only .Does home insurance usually cover this type of event even though it does not effect the the house?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to check your insurance document. I had assumed you may be covered.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's answered all that I'm interested in, thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex