ukvisasolutions
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
85266915

I am an applicant extension of stay in the uk as the partner

I am an applicant for an extension of stay in the uk as the partner of a person present and settled in the uk.i came here on 12/12/2013.we are working with my wife and having mortgage.the problem is that i had a drink driving offence last 04/01/2016,20 m0nths disqualification and paid already my fines.can i still apply for my extension visa?can i use my IELTS result that was 31/03/2012?thank you
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i will wait
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your query.

You have two questions:

1: Driving Offence- you must apply for your extension visa before your leave expires otherwise you will become an overstayer. You have no choice but to apply. You will have to disclose your drink driving offence and the Home Office will take this into consideration when they make a decision to your case.

2: You may use your old English language certificate as confirmed in the Home Office guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/478188/Appendix_FM_Section_1_21_-_Nov_2015_final.pdf

2.5. Applicants who already have a test certificate or result A partner or parent applying for leave to enter or leave to remain is not required to provide evidence of meeting the English language requirement if they have done so as part of a successful previous application as a partner or parent. Paragraph 32D of Appendix FM-SE provides for when this earlier test certificate or result can and cannot be used.

Please kindly rate my answer.

ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Experience: Immigration Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much.i will try try to complete my papers.the expiration of my spouse visa will be on august,6.thank you very much.