12826847

My brother has had three mini strokes and now he can't

Customer Question

My brother has had three mini strokes and now he can't communicate, he is on benefits, the last stroke he had he was found wandering the streets and taken into hospital, the hospital needed the bed so after 5 or 6 weeks social services found my brother rest bite at a o a p home, little did he know but after so many weeks in the o a p home he would be paying for his stay in their, if he had known he was being charged for his stay in the home he would've left the home sooner, now he has had a final demand from Cheshire west council for his stay in the home, this is worrying him and stressing him out, which could lead to another stroke, please help, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** and my mobile number is ***** thankyou
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What mental capacity does your brother have at present?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are you aware that a phone call cost more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I want is help for my brother who is being threatened with court action from Cheshire west and Chester council if he doesn't pay for his stay in a rest bite o a p home, I did explain in my last correspondence that he has had three mini strokes, he finds it hard to communicate and make himself understood, his name is ***** ***** and he lives at***** wrenbury drive, kingsmead, leftwich, near, Northwich Cheshire. Social services who have been no help to my brother, so that is why I have resorted to contacting you, I would very much appreciate any help you can give, thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I need to know if your brother's consultant beleives that he has mental capacity

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know who my brother consultant is but he was in lieghton hospital Crewe and his GP is in weaverham, Northwich road surgery
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Have you spoken to his GP?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, why would I, the problem is with Cheshire West and Chester council
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

It is important to know if your brother has Mental Capacity.

If he does not then you can deal with matter son his behalf

If he does then he will need to authorise you to do it for him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother cannot explain, understand, or communicate because of the last stroke he had, i find it hard myself I have to guess what he is trying to explain, and he then gets frustrated with himself and me, so that is why I contacted the CAB about him and Cheshire West councils demands
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He does have mental capacity but when he talk's his sentences come out all mumble jumble, and he finds it hard to remember, he has to write things down all the time
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Is it posisble he could sign a lasting Power of Attorney so that you can deal with this directly with the council - otherwise they will hide behind the Data Protection Act