How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My brother has had three mini strokes and now he can't

Customer Question

My brother has had three mini strokes and now he can't communicate, he is on benefits, the last stroke he had he was found wandering the streets and taken into hospital, the hospital needed the bed so after 5 or 6 weeks social services found my brother rest bite at a o a p home, little did he know but after so many weeks in the o a p home he would be paying for his stay in their, if he had known he was being charged for his stay in the home he would've left the home sooner, now he has had a final demand from Cheshire west council for his stay in the home, this is worrying him and stressing him out, which could lead to another stroke, please help, thanks
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** and my mobile number is ***** thankyou
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What mental capacity does your brother have at present?

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Are you aware that a phone call cost more?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All I want is help for my brother who is being threatened with court action from Cheshire west and Chester council if he doesn't pay for his stay in a rest bite o a p home, I did explain in my last correspondence that he has had three mini strokes, he finds it hard to communicate and make himself understood, his name is ***** ***** and he lives at***** wrenbury drive, kingsmead, leftwich, near, Northwich Cheshire. Social services who have been no help to my brother, so that is why I have resorted to contacting you, I would very much appreciate any help you can give, thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

I need to know if your brother's consultant beleives that he has mental capacity

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't know who my brother consultant is but he was in lieghton hospital Crewe and his GP is in weaverham, Northwich road surgery
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Have you spoken to his GP?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, why would I, the problem is with Cheshire West and Chester council
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

It is important to know if your brother has Mental Capacity.

If he does not then you can deal with matter son his behalf

If he does then he will need to authorise you to do it for him.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My brother cannot explain, understand, or communicate because of the last stroke he had, i find it hard myself I have to guess what he is trying to explain, and he then gets frustrated with himself and me, so that is why I contacted the CAB about him and Cheshire West councils demands
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He does have mental capacity but when he talk's his sentences come out all mumble jumble, and he finds it hard to remember, he has to write things down all the time
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Is it posisble he could sign a lasting Power of Attorney so that you can deal with this directly with the council - otherwise they will hide behind the Data Protection Act

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions