75100385

Do the 48 million people who stand involuntarily to lose

Do the 48 million people who stand involuntarily to lose their EU citizenship through Brexit challenge this through the courts?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Sadly not.

You can only Judicially Review the decision, but that would have to be where there were counting irregularities etc.

But you can't take the Government to Court on the basis you dont like the decision.

i am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

ALex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I didn't think that in a parliamentary democracy, the PM could decide to accept the Referendum and act to trigger Article 50 on that basis without asking Parliament first - have I got that wrong?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Well it was a manifesto pledge and they were elected. It will go for a debate and vote in Parliament but you are asking the government to go AGAINST the wishes of the people who had a free vote.

Technically it could be blocked, but unliekly given there was a vote.

Does that clarify? Alex