75100385

I claimed JSA benefit fixed period of 4 months while

I claimed JSA benefit for a fixed period of 4 months while working, can I be prosecuted for this? I have a benefit review meeting next week
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Why did you claim whilst working please? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, my reason for still claiming was due to the following;1. I was worried at the time that the work might suddenly come to an end as it was a trial period. I thought (incorrectly) at the time that it might be wise to not cancel my claim yet until my job was confirmed by the company. I now understand my mistake here as I have never claimed benefits while working in the past. I am currently not working at the moment as the role was terminated. It is not an interview under caution but a compliance interview. I want to admit to my mistake and will provide them with my wage slips - is this the best way forward? I am willing to pay back the overpayment.Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then you could be prosecuted but unlikely.

You will have to pay it back and will probably get an administrative penalty.

This is a penalty as a % of what you have been overpaid.

But I would admit the offence as the penalty is likely to be lower.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,Thanks so much for your advice!I will admit to the offence. I certainly wont make this mistake again, its not worth the potential long term fallout to be so carelessThanks,Kevin
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Indeed Kevin. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex