75100385

Please advise. I had been preparing a retaining wall in my

Customer Question

Good Evening
Please advise. I had been preparing a retaining wall in my back garden for rendering when it partially collapsed. I commissioned a civil engineer's report, paid for it and sent it to my insurers. Now the insurance company has sent this report to the civil engineer in question along with a photograph that 'their assessor' took of the wall alleging that I was negligent in the work that I undertook and that I was responsible for the collapse of the wall. The civil engineer feels he cannot comment on the photograph or answer any other queries about the content of his report for fear of incriminating me and since it is my report that I paid him to do. My insurer who are repudiating my claim did not receive my permission to contact the civil engineer nor ask my permission to comment on the photograph. Furthermore the civil engineer feels that any further commentary by him in relation to his report which I commissioned would be the subject of an additional report which my insurer should they wish to have additional expert opinion consider commissioning themselves as this would entail extra costs. Please advise. Many thanks. William Sisk.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like to know about this today please William?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise when you are going to provide me with an answer to my question as I have not had one as yet
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a number we can speak on?