75100385

Alex came across this just wanted to ask dies thus apply ???

Hi Alex came across this just wanted to ask dies thus apply ???
lex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Where did the debt arise?
Customer: Uae
Customer: Dubai
Alex Hughes : OK. There are new arrangements in place between the UK and UAE. Basically if a debt arose in UAE and their court issued a judgment then that judgment can now be enforced in the UK.
Alex Hughes : Here is an article confirming the position since 2013: http://m.globallegalpost.com/global-view/enforcing-money-judgments-between-the-uae-and-uk-86038618/
Customer: That actual not what the article said, but thank you anyway.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking for me.

Yes its what I already told you - they need a CCJ in UAE.

And it also confirms what I said: "Although the Memorandum is not intended to have binding legal effect, or supersede existing legislation, the clarification it offers to the rules and procedure available "

It does not change what I told you already:

1) They need a CCJ in UAE

2) Even if they have this guidance is not legally binding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the 2 vital points Alex please bear with me
1 the CCJ had to be issued in the UAE ?
2 CCJ dies not show on my record in the UK so job allocation s are clear ?
3 Uk courts can not enforce contract outside UK ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you kindly ��
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If you could rate as always please. Thanks. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex kbiwcof any similar situations with happy endings ???��
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meant hopefully happy endings after all the stress and harassment !!!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Hopefully.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex ,
The collection agency called my daughter today!!! They told her they will get Interpol to come after me if I do not pay up ? Debt is a criminal offence in Dubai and I will go to prison ??? They will submit a security Cheque for the full amount and the Cheque will bounce Interpol will be alerted????
I am not sure what to say but can this legally go against me here in the UK keeping in mind all debts are insured in The UAE?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No, its nothing to do with Interpol.

Dont worry. Dont talk to them. You cant be arrested or extradited from the UK for a debt.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If they do sell the debt to a collection agency in the uk does this become a uk debt or even so it is still where the agreement took place ie UAE?
Alex I really appreciate your help as I can not talk to anyone about this .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then Can the UAE CCJ be enforced in the UK as if its a UK debt ??
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No. It will only ever stay a UAE debt. But it can be enforced here if they get a CCJ in UAE and then apply to enforce here. We have discussed this several times and my answer remains the same.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok if they get a CCJ fine will this CCJ show up on record in the UK or it stays in the UAE ? Meaning will this affect my record in the uk or will my record in the uk be clear ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understand my question is if A CCJ is enforced from overseas debt does in show up in the uk although UAE has a non reciprocal agreement with the U.K. ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

We have discussed this also several times.

They wont get a CCJ here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex ����
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex ,
Sorry to have to repeat this , the lawyer in the UAE has said that if the bank applies for a CCJ through DIFC courts this CCJ could appear and would be visible on my record here in the UK ?? Is that true kindly clarify . Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kindly get back to me I am currently on job seekers allowance and I am searching for work find a home a settle in before I can do anything with the bank or court . Thank you Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No it is NOT the case. It NOT a UK Judgment. If you are that worried pay the debt.

Does that clarify and please remember to rate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi trust what you say I would pay if I had the the money ! My fear is that this CCJ appears on my record here . Just one more question please if this debt is sold to a uk collection agency does it automatically get transferred to the U.K. although the agreement was made outside the uk jurisdiction ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No.There has to be a Judgment in UAE first.

Does that assist? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Agreed there is no judgement in the UAE yet . If they apply for a CCJ through DIFC court in the UAE will this CCJ appear on my record in the UK ? This is my dilemma I am currently looking for employment
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I have answered this 4 times for you already - no.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Akex and thank you for bearing with me please note I have never as much had an unpaid parking ticket ! All this is new all I can think of if I am grateful for your help . I have passed on your details to others that are in the same situation . Thank you once again
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Please remember to rate as always. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex more letter through the post from the collection agency I have not opened any , does the collection agency have any legel binding or enforcement over a UAE debt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help shall I just return the letters to sender ???