75100385

Alex came across this just wanted to ask dies thus apply ???

Hi Alex came across this just wanted to ask dies thus apply ???
lex Hughes : My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.
Alex Hughes : Where did the debt arise?
Customer: Uae
Customer: Dubai
Alex Hughes : OK. There are new arrangements in place between the UK and UAE. Basically if a debt arose in UAE and their court issued a judgment then that judgment can now be enforced in the UK.
Alex Hughes : Here is an article confirming the position since 2013: http://m.globallegalpost.com/global-view/enforcing-money-judgments-between-the-uae-and-uk-86038618/
Customer: That actual not what the article said, but thank you anyway.

Thanks for asking for me.

Yes its what I already told you - they need a CCJ in UAE.

And it also confirms what I said: "Although the Memorandum is not intended to have binding legal effect, or supersede existing legislation, the clarification it offers to the rules and procedure available "

It does not change what I told you already:

1) They need a CCJ in UAE

2) Even if they have this guidance is not legally binding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the 2 vital points Alex please bear with me
1 the CCJ had to be issued in the UAE ?
2 CCJ dies not show on my record in the UK so job allocation s are clear ?
3 Uk courts can not enforce contract outside UK ?

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you kindly ��

If you could rate as always please. Thanks. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex kbiwcof any similar situations with happy endings ???��
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meant hopefully happy endings after all the stress and harassment !!!

Thanks. Hopefully.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex ,
The collection agency called my daughter today!!! They told her they will get Interpol to come after me if I do not pay up ? Debt is a criminal offence in Dubai and I will go to prison ??? They will submit a security Cheque for the full amount and the Cheque will bounce Interpol will be alerted????
I am not sure what to say but can this legally go against me here in the UK keeping in mind all debts are insured in The UAE?

No, its nothing to do with Interpol.

Dont worry. Dont talk to them. You cant be arrested or extradited from the UK for a debt.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If they do sell the debt to a collection agency in the uk does this become a uk debt or even so it is still where the agreement took place ie UAE?
Alex I really appreciate your help as I can not talk to anyone about this .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then Can the UAE CCJ be enforced in the UK as if its a UK debt ??

No. It will only ever stay a UAE debt. But it can be enforced here if they get a CCJ in UAE and then apply to enforce here. We have discussed this several times and my answer remains the same.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok if they get a CCJ fine will this CCJ show up on record in the UK or it stays in the UAE ? Meaning will this affect my record in the uk or will my record in the uk be clear ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understand my question is if A CCJ is enforced from overseas debt does in show up in the uk although UAE has a non reciprocal agreement with the U.K. ?

We have discussed this also several times.

They wont get a CCJ here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex ����

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex ,
Sorry to have to repeat this , the lawyer in the UAE has said that if the bank applies for a CCJ through DIFC courts this CCJ could appear and would be visible on my record here in the UK ?? Is that true kindly clarify . Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kindly get back to me I am currently on job seekers allowance and I am searching for work find a home a settle in before I can do anything with the bank or court . Thank you Alex

No it is NOT the case. It NOT a UK Judgment. If you are that worried pay the debt.

Does that clarify and please remember to rate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi trust what you say I would pay if I had the the money ! My fear is that this CCJ appears on my record here . Just one more question please if this debt is sold to a uk collection agency does it automatically get transferred to the U.K. although the agreement was made outside the uk jurisdiction ?

No.There has to be a Judgment in UAE first.

Does that assist? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Agreed there is no judgement in the UAE yet . If they apply for a CCJ through DIFC court in the UAE will this CCJ appear on my record in the UK ? This is my dilemma I am currently looking for employment

I have answered this 4 times for you already - no.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Akex and thank you for bearing with me please note I have never as much had an unpaid parking ticket ! All this is new all I can think of if I am grateful for your help . I have passed on your details to others that are in the same situation . Thank you once again

Thanks. Please remember to rate as always. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex more letter through the post from the collection agency I have not opened any , does the collection agency have any legel binding or enforcement over a UAE debt?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help shall I just return the letters to sender ???