75100385

Alex, I hope you remember me from yesterday(?)...

Hi Alex,
I hope you remember me from yesterday(?)...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello yes I do. How can I help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.
Well, a detail which I forgot yesterday is that while asking the owner to put the deposit in DPS when we signed, she said she does not have to as she is a company. The account she gave us to transfer the rent and the deposit is indeed a company account, or so it seems.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

It does not matter. Every landlord has to protect the deposit under housing act 2004

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also took a look at the contract and though we erased articles 7 and 8 regarding shared rooms, exclusive possession etc. in the header it is still a shared annex in a house where the owner is a residence.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She offered us not to pay rent or the last instalment of the deposit in July 1st and instead she will use the deposit we gave her.
The contract signed on May 1st for 10 weeks so the deposit covers the time in July.
In addition she tries to squeeze money for things we were not responsible for.
If we take her on the offer, can we still sue her for not protecting the deposit if she will try to take money from us unjustly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the above is all I need to know... Just to be sure she is not trapping me with her offer and that I will still have a card if she will try to withhold money or... I don't know, can't be sure what she will come up with next...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

OK - but the deposit is still required to be protected.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure I get that... I can take her on her offer, not pay the rest of the rent and deposit, so she will use for rent part of the deposit she already has...
And still sue her if she will try to withhold what is left from the deposit or do what ever it is her creative mind will pick up?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can sue for x3 the deposit because it has not been protected.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very very much and have a great evening.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, thanks again :-)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Happy help. Alex