31090051

I want to register a charity here in UK. My problem,

Hello, I want to register a charity here in UK. My problem, however, is that it is going to operate in Africa. I have done some reading up and it says that I have to show how it is going to help here in UK. Now since it is not going to help anyone here, will I be able to register it here? Thanks.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola,Thank you very much. I will wait as you look for someone to answer my question.Thanks again.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. There's nothing to stop you registering a charity in the UK even if the purpose of the charity and its work relates to Africa. The public benefit requirement extends to international as you can see from the attached guidance note which I hope will be helpful: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-benefit-the-public-benefit-requirement-pb1/public-benefit-the-public-benefit-requirement. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. This has been very helpful!