12826847

I have been on the Sex Offenders Register 7 years now and

Customer Question

Good Morning
I have been on the Sex Offenders Register for over 7 years now and been receiving home visits from the police. I would only usually see the Police twice in a year as my risk was deemed low.
A new supervising officer came to see me about a fortnight ago. He mentioned something about an ' ARMS ' assessment or something. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that I have recently applied to discharge my Sopo ?
Now, I have a mild to moderate form of ' Aspergers Syndrome ' and therefor classed as a vulnerable adult. The officer had this in his notes and was well aware of it - He even mentioned it before we began this ' Interview '
I call it an interview as oppose to a ' Routine visit' because never have I been made to feel so interrogated and scared. It was like being at the police station all over again.
He was asking inappropriate questions and making out of order assumptions. I felt very uneasy. Never have I been made to feel like this in the past with my previous supervising officers.
He then asked to see my BEDROOM. I said that I was not comfortable with him doing this. I told my parents of my concerns whom where in the other room. I came back and he asked again to see my bedroom. I told him no and made an excuse to get out of the room. He tried to stop me by saying NO you are not going out there.
Things started to get a little heated. My anxiety and stress levels where starting to increase. He thought it be best to chat with my parents. Well more my mum as my dad also has Aspergers.
He explained that sometimes knowing the surroundings and living conditions of an offender can help them get an idea of there risk. ( ??? )
We reluctantly agreed and I showed him to my bedroom. Straight away he made a bee line for my Laptop. He picked it up and I said NO and grabbed it back. He then grabbed it back of me. I told him that he needed a warrant to search. He said that he didn't need one but could easily get one. Threatening to get his phone out.
He looked through my internet history and found adult porn websites and subsequently cautioned me for breaking my SOPO. I have a prohibition you see on accessing any porn site of any kind.
Now, I accept what I did was wrong. But what I do not accept is being bullied and intimidated in my own home.
Ideally, what I would like to know is. Did the officer act lawfully and/or fairly ?
Secondly, does an officer have the right to do unannounced computer searches when there is no mention of that on my Sopo ?
This has been a very distressing time for me and my family. I thought that I had finally moved on with my life.
I would be greatful for any assistance. Thank you for taking the time to read
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is anyone going to answer my question ? I did ask for high priority...
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cancel i'll go elsewhere
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I go about getting refunded ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these people no absolute nothing people. don't waste your time and money !!!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry if I am missing the point but what do you think may be unlawful?

Come what may, you refused a request? He is perfectly entitled to check your access to the internet?

You seem to accept the breach?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
surely the police need reasonable grounds of suspicion before searching my computer and a WARRANT ???
not just turn up to my house bullying and intimidating me into doing it