12826847

There has been an allegation that a NMO (against the father)

Customer Question

There has been an allegation that a NMO (against the father) has been allegedly breached. We are shocked, as the 3 emails in question were sent FAO of the young son, via the mothers email. We had been told that contact must only be in relation to having contact with the son and nothing else.
The NMO states that no contact with the mother should be made "except for the purpose of arranging contact with the son" on that understanding, the emails were sent by the father with the sole aim to action that communication with his son (the sole purpose of arranging that contact with his son)
Can you please advise what if any breach is in question. Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is the Child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He will be 9 in September
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then I am afraid there is no basis on which emails should be addressed to the child with regard to contact at all.

It is for your son to negotiate - via email if necessary - with the mother as to what the contact arrangements will be

It does not matter who the email is naked "FAO" if it is sent to the mother's email then it is sent to her and hence is a breach UNLESS it is directed at HER and deals with contact alone.

Please ask if you need further details