75100385

My neighbour is placing gh level washing on a 15 foot line,

My neighbour is placing high level washing on a 15 foot line, 24/7, approx. 4 feet from mine and other neighbour's (aged 95) property boundary. The washing left out in all weathers tends to lurid face picture towel or undergarments for 10 people. This impacts on the view from the rear of both mine and next door neighbour property.
Relations have been poor since I objected to a claim for 'adverse possession' of land to the side of my garden, and believe this 'washing line tactic' is their response.
Is there anything legally I can do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you complained to the council or anyone please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
Not complained to council and keen to handle issue sensitively with 95 year old supporting neighbour.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - in law there is nothing you can generally do. Someone can hang up washing if they wish, but the only thing you can do, is complain the Council.

Unless there are noise, smells etc coming from the washing someone can put it up. All you can do is complain to the Council and someone from the Anti Social Behaviour Team can visit.

They wont say who has made the complaint and it wont be recorded as a neighbour dispute.

But sadly this is all you can do.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a reasonable height assessment that a judicial hearing would comment.
Having washing hosted to 12 ft over a 15-20 ft length, seems unreasonable, especially when only 4 ft from your neighbours border and rear view.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

The Court may forma view yes.

Does that clarify? Alex